Update by user Jul 28, 2013

I called the hotel (La Quinta in Omaha) directly and the head office and they both informed me that I could cancel up until 6:00 PM the day of my reservation but since I made the reservation online through a 3rd party I had to go to the site I made the reservation through.So, back to Dogfriendly.com.

They informed me that it was Priceline who they booked hotels through and that it was the hotel's policy they were going by. I informed them of the conversations I'd had with La Quinta regarding the 6:00 PM cancellation time. Interestingly enough, the La Quinta site now says they require 48 hrs. lead time to cancel.

I have a feeling that it's up to the individual hotel, though since the one I had booked were fine with canceling and rebooking for free. At any rate, DogFriendly chose to ignore what La Quinta had told me and steered me towards Priceline. On the upside, DogFriendly did refund me $20.00 and they were at least willing to engage in an email exchange and didn't just ignore me.

My suggestion is never use a 3rd party to book a hotel room.Book directly with the hotel.

Original review posted by user Jun 27, 2013

I booked a hotel room with DogFriendly.com.My car broke down the day before I was to leave on my trip.

I was stranded and unable to contact them to change my reservation. When I finally got home 6 hours later I called and found out they would not cancel my reservation for the next day and they were keeping my entire $105.00. They would not let me talk to a supervisor.

Do not book with this site.If you have an unforeseen circumstance they basically don't care and are too rigid to make an exception to their absurd policy.

Had an Experience with Dogfriendly?

Comments